- 3D flow near the hub region of wind turbine blades
- Unsteady aerodynamics
- Blade and airfoil design
G. Bangga, T. Lutz, E. Krämer, Three-Dimensional Flow in the Root Region of Wind
Turbine Rotors, PhD Thesis, University of Stuttgart, kassel university press GmbH, 2018.
P. Weihing, J. Letzgus, G. Bangga, T. Lutz, E. Krämer, Hybrid RANS/LES Capabilities of the Flow Solver FLOWer—Application to Flow Around Wind Turbines, Progress in Hybrid RANS-LES Modelling. HRLM, 369-380, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70031-1_31
- G. Bangga, P. Weihing, T. Lutz, E. Krämer, Hybrid RANS/LES simulations of the three-dimensional flow at root region of a 10 MW wind turbine rotor, New Results in Numerical and Experimental Fluid Mechanics XI, 707-716, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64519-3_63
- G. Bangga, G. Guma, T. Lutz, E. Krämer, Energy assessment of two vertical axis wind turbines in side-by-side arrangement. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy 10 (3), 033303, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5028199
- G. Bangga, G. Guma, T. Lutz, E. Krämer, Numerical simulations of a large offshore wind turbine exposed to turbulent inflow conditions, Wind Engineering 42 (2), 88 – 96, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1177/0309524X18756958
- G. Bangga, T. Lutz, A. Dessoky, E. Krämer, Unsteady Navier-Stokes studies on loads, wake, and dynamic stall characteristics of a two-bladed vertical axis wind turbine, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy 9, 053303, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5003772
- G. Bangga, T. Lutz and E. Krämer, Root flow characteristics and 3D effects of an isolated wind turbine rotor, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 31 (8), 2017, 3839–3 844. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12206-017-0728-6
- E. Jost, A. Fischer, G. Bangga, T. Lutz and E. Krämer, An investigation of unsteady 3-D effects on trailing edge flaps, Wind Energy Science 2, 2017, 241-256. http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/wes-2-241-2017
- G. Bangga, P. Weihing, T. Lutz and E. Krämer, Effect of computational grid on accurate prediction of a wind turbine rotor using delayed detached-eddy simulations, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 31 (5), 2017, 2359–2364. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12206-017-0432-6
- G. Bangga, T. Lutz, E. Jost, E. Krämer, CFD studies on rotational augmentation at the inboard sections of a 10 MW wind turbine rotor, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy 9 (2), 023304. http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4978681
- G. Bangga, G. Hutomo, R. Wiranegara, H. Sasongko, Numerical study on a single bladed vertical axis wind turbine under dynamic stall, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 31 (1), 261-267, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12206-016-1228-9
- G. Bangga and H. Sasongko, Dynamic stall prediction of a pitching airfoil using an adjusted two-equation URANS turbulence model, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics 10 (1), 1-10, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.18869/acadpub.jafm.73.238.26391
- G. Bangga, A. Ashfahani, E. Sugianto, D. Sa’adiyah, T. Putri, E. Jost, T. Lutz, Three-dimensional flow in the vicinity of a circular cylinder mounted to a flat plate at high Reynolds number, AIP Conference Proceedings 1788 (1), 030012, 2017. http://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.4968265
- A. Ashfahanil, G. Bangga, S. Budiprayitno, A. Yulianto, D. Ratnasari, Constrained H∞/LTR control design for a mobile inverted pendulum, AIP Conference Proceedings 1788 (1), 030085, 2017. http://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.4968338
Y. Kim, E. Jost, G. Bangga, P Weihing, T. Lutz, Effects of ambient turbulence on
the near wake of a wind turbine,
Journal of Physics: Conference Series 753 (3), 032047.
G. Bangga, Y. Kim, T. Lutz, P. Weihing, E. Krämer, Investigations of the inflow
turbulence effect on rotational augmentation by means of CFD,
Journal of Physics: Conference Series 753 (2), 022026.
Hutomo, G. Bangga, H. Sasongko,
Numerical investigation of dynamic stall behavior on single bladed Darrieus turbine airfoil section,
2nd International Conference on Mechanical Engineering ICOME 2015, 3-5 September 2015, Bali, Indonesia.
G. Bangga, T. Lutz and E. Krämer,
An examination of rotational effects on large wind turbine blades,
11th EAWE PhD Seminar on Wind Energy in Europe, 23-25 September 2015, Stuttgart, Germany.
G. Bangga, T. Lutz and E. Krämer,
Numerical investigation of unsteady aerodynamic effects on thick flatback airfoils,
German Wind Energy Conference 12 DEWEK 2015, 19-20 May 2015, Bremen, Germany.